Seems like the mirrorless segment will have another player. Hasselblad, the leading manufacturer of medium format camera system made an announcement saying that it plans to release a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera using Sony’s E-mount. The ultimate luxury mirrorless camera called the Hasselblad Lunar will sport a 24.3 MP CMOS sensor,OLED True Finder EVF, and the TriNavi navigation. system. The camera will be designed such that it photographers will be able to use it in fully automatic and at fully manual mode as well.
It is also for the first time that Hasselblad will be using carbon fiber, titanium, wood, leather and precious metals – including gold for building this mirrorless camera. Moreover one will be able to use Sony’s compact E-mount and the larger professional A-mount lenses with this camera.
Other key features of the camera will be:
- 25AF points focusing matched to an Ultra fast Processor with real time image process ing and accurate RAW to JPEG translation.
- One-touch instant full HD video recording to shoot in Auto or fully manual mode. Focus and exposition control and the connection for an external microphone.
- 0.02 second release time lag, 10fps and ISO range between 100 -16000 range.
- A set of creative styles, picture effects, scene selections and face registration.
- Auto HD, DRO and Anti-motion blur mode.
- New TriNavi system for DSLR-like tuning, two flash options and Anti dust system.
Hasselblad’s Lunar is set to release in the first quater of 2012 at a whopping price of 5000 Euros. ( Approx. Rs. 3,52,720) Additionally, the model will be available with a range of hand grips and precious material on a special order.
At photokina, the company will be showcasing an innovative ‘Lunar experience’. Visitors can witness a glimpse of the new work-in progress designs for this luxurious mirrorless camera.